Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wintry mix, work, and weigh-in

It's Groundhog's day. This year, both Punxsatawney Phil and Milltown Mel did not see their shadows. I hope they're right. We've been showered with ice for the last 2 days and quite frankly, I'm just tired of winter and it's wintry mix. As far as I'm concerned, seasonal affective disorder for me is not related to the hours of light I don't get but rather to the inches of snow and ice I need to clear off my car and trudge through at work and school.

It's been a crummy week all around as I prep for my first exam on friday. I've been exceptionally dissatisfied with my job as the department is undergoing some changes to try to increase our level of service, but the true changes that would significantly improve our efficiency aren't happening. Instead, management is rolling out stupid things that will just lower morale and I highly doubt will make a difference in the level of service provided.

So the good news is that I'm down to 138.6 lbs this week. Despite not counting points last week, the scale is continuing to move in the direction I want it to. Unfortunately, I am in yet another week of eating more than I probably should, and much of it mindless as I study. I'm trying to make some of the mindless munching at least be with healthier choices like fruit instead of chips, but we'll see how the week goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment