Monday, January 10, 2011

A new year, a new me.

Last year was pretty much a bust health-wise for me. Between gaining weight from stress eating and no longer having the metabolic boost of nursing a baby, surgery with complications that left me on bedrest for weeks, and just generally not feeling motivated to get off my duff and move, I packed on about 20 lbs. This is on top of the 10 I already could stand to lose. At the beginning of this year, I no longer fit in clothes I've worn for years. I physically don't feel well. I'm exhausted on a flight of stairs.

For nearly 4 years, I managed to keep up some semblance of an exercise routine at least 3 times a week. For a long time, I've tended to overall eat healthfully. I'm not sure why it all went downhill in 2010 but it's time to pick myself back up. My goals are as follows:

1. Fit in exercise a minimum of 3 times/week. Whether it's at the gym, walking around the neighborhood, or an exercise video at home, I did it before, I will do it again.
2. Go back to following WW points.
3. Limit eating out to 3x/week. This should help keep my wallet fatter and me thinner.
4. Take the time to add a bit more personal "upkeep" into my routines whether it's to put on make up, get regular haircuts, maintain my hair color, etc.

For each month that I keep up the exercising and eating habits, I'm treating myself to a manicure and pedicure. I'm experimenting in non-food rewards. Somewhere in there will be a shopping trip for new clothes as a reward. A massage might be nice too...

But before we can get to the rewards, I have to do the work. Today is January 10 and I'm about to pass out for the night after being up rather early w/ a jetlagged baby. Tomorrow, I start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment