Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend off the wagon

It's been a long week and I was still pretty good at the beginning of it. Monday morning, I got up and did an aerobics video before work. I was on track for the first half of the week. And then I hit thursday overnight. Or more like it hit me. DS got sick around 1am so both DH and I were up all night while the poor little guy tossed his cookies repeatedly. It was 4 am before we were finally able to get him back to bed with his stomach somewhat settled. Meanwhile, it was snowing. In lieu of working out friday, I shoveled snow. I stopped tracking food on friday by the time I got into the office. I was exhausted, cranky, sore, pissed off at a bunch of other things going on, with a sizable pile of work to get through. We had chinese take out and while I did refrain from getting General Tso's chicken, I still did not necessarily make point-friendly choices and am continuing to just eat whatever I feel like this weekend. I've been munching on a combo of leftovers from chinese take out and cooking at home. Of course we had friends over yesterday making cookies and we had breakfast and a snack at Ikea this morning. So I'll see what the damage is when I get on the scale tomorrow.

I tend to fall off the wagon when life throws curve balls at me. I would hope that it wouldn't be too bad so long as the curve balls don't come too frequently, but sometimes, it feels like there's a lot of them. DS is recovering from his stomach bug but we're still catching up, not sleeping well, and the pukey laundry pile seems neverending. So it's been a busy weekend, but tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment